15) The Probate Department Advice and Help 01323 406299.
At The Probate Department Ltd, we understand that the folk given the responsibility of sorting things out after a death are often either too stressed to deal confidently with such deeply personal matters or are friends lumbered with a job which just could prove both complex and (personally) dangerous. Probate advice is often essential. But what about the cost?
We offer two main options and the ability to move between them at any time:
- Professionally Assisted Probate – the family do the easy bits and send the paperwork to us to put together the necessary forms. They do as much or as little as they wish.
- Full Service Probate Advice – we do everything, if that is what suits, and take as much as possible of the burden away from the family. Depending on the area, our hourly rates are typically 25 to 50% lower. More importantly, where tax may be an issue now or in eventually for the beneficiaries, we have a Tax expert in house to minimise current and future tax burdens. Very few other firms have such a facility.
Why not have a brief chat with us to see which of the alternatives would suit the situation you find yourself in best? We’re on 01323 406299 or email us via the form below and we’ll call you back. Whilst our fees are modest, we do provide proper probate advice, so if all you care about is cost rather than expertise and service, you may just save a few pounds elsewhere dealing with a probate “factory.”
WARNING: don’t do any part of the executors job until you are certain you want to do the whole thing: once you start, you must finish the job (but you could ask us to help.)
If you want professional help at a sensible cost, or just give us a call on 01323 406299 – we’ll be happy to advise how best to handle things. If you use the form and don’t get a reply the next working day, please give us a ring – email is not 100% reliable and we always reply.
We are NOT the Government Probate Registry!
A list of things we don’t charge for that many others do.
We are happy to help as much or as little as you wish, and we are equally happy to act in simple cases and more complex ones including Inheritance Tax issues and overseas matters. Our in-house tax expert will be happy to organise a tax review to see if it is possible to save Inheritance Tax or sometimes Capital Gains Tax even after death.
So before you commit to an expensive bank or firm, why not have a chat with us?
Here are some things you should know before you appoint professional help. And below are some more things you may want to find out more about:
- What is a Caveat?
- What is an executor and what obligations do they have?
- Deed of Variation Deed of Variation cost.
Probate Advice from the Probate Department Ltd, a Company registered in England number 07682081.