HMRC Probate and Inheritance Tax Helpline.
The HMRC Probate and Inheritance Tax Helpline offers widows/ widowers and personal representatives a single point of contact for supplying probate and Inheritance Tax papers. HMRC are keen that you fulfill your obligations to HM Revenue and Customs. For those who accept that they need professional help, we are fortunate to have the services of an in-house tax barrister.
So, if you are looking for IHT planning advice we have two suggestions.
1) Contact us with basic details of your situation if you wish to speak to a real IHT planning expert. He will have a very quick chat free to see if it is worth your while to pay for an exploratory meeting. If you have a substantial IHT liability, this should be a matter of urgency.
2) If you are more interested in simple strategies which can be easily put in place, often without professional help, check out the link under “Useful Sites” to Inheritance Tax Secrets.
But back to the HMRC Probate and Inheritance Tax Helpline. HMRC can also send leaflets and forms by post. But downloading is far quicker.
There is a far more information and also to forms available online: visit the HM Revenue and Customs website.
Opening hours HMRC Probate and Inheritance Tax helpline.
The Probate and Inheritance Tax helpline is open from Monday to Friday 9 – 5. The choices on 0300 123 1072 are.
- Press 1 – Order forms and leaflets on the message line.
- Press 2 – to ask a probate advisor questions.
- Press 3 – to quiz an Inheritance Tax advisor. But don’t expect any tax planning advice – speak to our contact above if you want expert Inheritance Tax Planning advice – she might even save you some capital gains tax too!
HMRC staff advise on IHT, though not on tax planning. They will deal basic probate matters or suggest you contact the relevant Probate Registry, your professional adviser or (if you prefer) us.
The Probate and Inheritance Tax helpline offer general advice and information about Probate and Inheritance Tax following a death, including:
- understanding your Inheritance Tax responsibilities
- confirming the forms you need.
- getting paper copies of forms
- completing Inheritance Tax formsHMRC Probate and Inheritance Tax helpline address:
Ferrers House Castle Meadow Road Nottingham NG2 1BB.