Why Use The Probate Department Ltd?
Apart from being friendly, approachable and professional:
- Free initial Probate Advice – do you actually need help? After that, you can book paid help for a minimum of 15 minutes – as much or as little as you need, charged by the minute, not solicitors 6 minute units!
- Most times you get straight through to the person handling your case.
- Modest Hourly Rates. A fraction of those charged by Banks and substantially less than most high street solicitors.
- No need to take time off work to visit us.
- No responsibility allowances to unexpectedly triple the bill.
- We don’t charge for 6 minutes for a 30 second phone call, nor do we charge £45 each for letters produced at the touch of a button.
- Barrister in house for those trick cases, plus an ex Independent Financial Adviser to speed dealing with investments which many firms don’t understand.
- Our use of technology saves you money.
- We welcome you doing part of the work.
- We’re happy to act in support of family executors.
- All client money is kept in separate individual trustee client accounts with Barclays Bank, it is never mixed with our money or anyone elses.
- We understand Deeds of Variation which may be used to change a Will or Intestacy (no Will) after death if the relevant people agree. This can save a fortune in second generation tax. Many firms don’t seem to understand them.
- We understand Trusts and there uses, which can save tax and protect beneficiaries from exploitation.
- We have a former accountant as an in house consultant.
- We’re pretty good at resolving family disputes without expensive Court action.
- Inheritance Tax and Trust Planning is a speciality – we’ve written a book on Inheritance Tax.
- We offer a substantial discount for advance/ monthly payment of fees.
- We don’t spend your money on expensive offices when most clients use phones or email – we want to impress you with our efficiency, not our palatial offices.
- For full service clients, we will dedicate a memorial tree in our Grove to the deceased to help improve the environment. Family and friends are welcome to join in and plant more.
- We actually care about the people involved. Probably the most important reason of all.
and we add a tree to the forest in memory of your loved one too.