In some cases, the estate will be so simple that professional help is just not needed.
If only small sums of money are involved, then the banks etc holding it may just release it if you show them the Will and Death Certificate, the sign an indemnity so you are responsible (not them) if it later turns out you have not done the right thing! Whilst we can’t spend ages guiding you, we are usually able to have a 5 minute chat to put your mind at rest.
If you are really determined to carry our the probate work yourself, you can email us for our Free Probate Guide – just put that in the notes of the enquiry form below.
Our first service (through associates) is designed to re-assure executors that they have filled in the correct forms correctly, and it is pretty inexpensive:
DIY Probate Help and Review (IHT 205) covers:
This is a form checking service. For a fixed fee of £249 we will review the PA1 and IHT 205 forms that you have completed against a list of Assets & Liabilities containing date of death values provided to us by you.
A broad outline of the work we are to carry out for you is:
- Receiving the completed PA1, IHT 205 and a list of assets & Liabilities with their date of death values;
- Receiving a completed family tree where there is no Will including details if widowed/divorced;
- Receiving a copy signed Will (if there is one)
- Receiving a copy death certificate
- Receiving payment in full in advance
- Reviewing the PA1, IHT 205 and commenting on any amendments to and / or more information required by telephone appointment with follow up email of bullet action points
Our next service is for slightly more complicated estate where extra forms have to be completed (and they are pretty tough).
DIY Probate Help and Review (IHT 400) Larger or more complex estates.
There may well be the possibility of Inheritance Tax, significant lifetime gifts, or trusts, both lifetime and Will trusts.
This is done on the basis of charging just for the time used and is tailored to your requirements. It is normally carried out over the phone. A broad outline of the work we may be asked to carry out for you is:
- Receiving and discussing the completed PA1, IHT 400 and supporting schedules and list of assets & Liabilities with their date of death values
- Receiving and discussing a completed family tree including details if widowed/divorced where there is no Will;
- Receiving and discussing a copy signed Will (if there is one)
- Receiving and discussing a copy death certificate
- Reviewing the PA1, IHT 400 and supporting schedules and commenting on any amendments to and / or additional information required by telephone.