Register a death in Haringey: how, where and who:
To register a death in Haringey visit:
Haringey Register Office within Haringey Civic Centre on Wood Green High Road. The Haringey Register Office is 5 minutes from Wood Green Underground Station on the Piccadilly Line. For sat nav use post code N22 9SB.
But before you go any further, please watch the video on how to register a death in Haringey and download our handy factsheet. It will make the process much simpler.
Factsheet: how to register a death in Haringey. .
Should you need a family undertaker, click this link.
It is far better to ring the Haringey Registrar of deaths on 020 8489 2605 to book an appointment to register a death in Haringey. Same day appointments are generally available, but please do it as soon as you can. If you don’t make an appointment you may need to wait some time. Opening hours are 9.30am and 4pm weekdays.
A death in Haringey must be registered within five days, unless there is a Coroners investigation, which may take longer.
Who should register a death in Haringey?
A death in Haringey has to be registered by a qualified informant. Either:
- a relative present either at the death or during the deceased’s last illness
- a person present at the death or responsible for arranging the funeral (but not the funeral director.)
Information needed to register a death in Haringey.
- A medical certificate stating the cause of death or;
- if the death now involves the Coroner, informants need to speak to the Coroners Officers about the death certificate on 020 8447 7680 for a death in Haringey.
To Register a Death Haringey Registrar will ask:
- Where and when the death occurred;
- The deceased’s full names and any maiden surname (if applicable)
- If the deceased was a married woman or widow then the full name and occupation of her husband.
- the deceased’s date and place of birth, occupation and address.
Cost to register a death in Haringey.
Registration of a death in Haringey is free. You get an authorisation for the funeral to proceed plus a certificate for social security purposes. Additional death certificates (for banks, probate, etc) are £4 each on the day, £10 afterwards. Get more than you expect to need – probably 5 to 10 copies.
- rigster death in hornsey